Five Most Important Things to Do When You’re Injured
If you are ever injured, there are five important steps to take to ensure that you and your family are taken care of.
- The most important step to take after being injured is to seek medical attention. As soon as you understand that you are injured, the first thing you should do is go to the hospital or an urgent care facility, where doctors and nurses can assess what must be done to stabilize or heal you.
- The second step to take when you are injured is to make sure that you understand the incident that caused your injuries. The most efficient way to maintain a record is to write down as many things as you can remember about the incident. The more thorough your records are, the better picture of the scene your attorney will have down the road.
- Along those same lines, the next step to take after sustaining an injury is to find witnesses who can tell you more about the incident that caused your injuries. Finding people who have different perspectives of the incident can also aid your attorney in preparing for litigation.
- The fourth step to take after being injured is to take as many photographs as possible. For example, if you are in a car accident, take pictures of the scene of the accident, including the road, the traffic lights, the sidewalks, as well as pictures of the damage done to your car. Your attorney will be able to use these photographs to maximize your recovery.
- The last step to take after sustaining injuries is to contact an attorney, such as those at the CT Injury Law Center, who will work diligently on your behalf to make you whole again.
If you are injured, you have a right to recover medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering, and the best way to do that is to get on the phone and talk to an attorney
. It should also be noted that this process must be done within two years in the state of Connecticut.